Monday, July 6, 2015

There's a Live Action too!? - Rock Musical Bleach



The First Musical, RockMusical BLEACH, centers around Ichigo Kurosaki becoming a shinigami, Rukia Kuchiki going back to Seireitei, and the trio of friends arriving in Seireitei, ending when Renji Abarai is defeated by Ichigo. The events that take place are practically the main events that concern the said character in Bleach until about half of the Soul Society arc.
I'm know I said that I wouldn't compare live action's their anime or manga counter parts but it's really hard with this one. If I hadn't read the manga or watched the anime, you will have no idea what is going on. Now I'm not talking like chapter 20 or episode 15 no I'm talking about 100 chapters in the manga and episode 40 in the anime. So, if you are not the far in you will have no idea what is going on at all.
Next we go to the story, since it is basically a summery of the plot of the first 40 episodes I wan't expecting much. But, there aren't really any scenes, everything just kinda blends in together. Also, there are no sets every thing is just a two level stage that's flat black. The only color is from the actors. The plot is tied together with nothing and it's as if the writers just found scrap fabric sewed it roughly together with bulky yarn and said "we have a play". And, I can tell.
The actors them selves are good. I wouldn't say there was any bad acting. The singing was good, the songs were good. Well that's what the writers actually worked on I see. The music is good it is a rock opera which goes with Bleach.
The costumes are very well made. They don't look bad at all. It's as if the creators looked in to a very a costumes mind at the stage of "It will look like this when I'm done, Awesome!" and actually made that happen. The wigs on the male actors weren't very good but they really never are. What is with live action wigs being so bad for the men. Woman normally get good wigs and this is no exception.
By all rights this should be a good play, good acting, good songs, good costumes, plot, wait were did the plot go. If the plot was good then this would have been a great play and I would have enjoyed it very much. But, the creators and writers had to leave out that key element.
If you love Bleach then watch the plays. If you like Bleach don't go near it.
Next week I'm watching Train Man.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment