Sunday, July 12, 2015

Found Anime- Fullmetal Alchemist Season 2




I found the second half of Fullmetal Alchemist at the same place I found the first, Goodwill. It's always good to stop by Goodwill when you have time. You never know what you will find. Also, when you do find things there, sometimes you do have to dig, they are super cheap. I mean the complete series of FMA and the movie for less then $10. I say yes to that any day. Yes!
This part of the series is were we find out were the homunculi come from and who Dante is. I of course like the manga better but that does not mean I can't enjoy the anime. I like what was done with the anime the story fit within the world and worked. It kept the original rules that had already been laid down by the rest of the anime and the manga. I can see this being an alternate to what actually happens in Brotherhood and the manga. 
I do have a problem with one thing in the anime thought. Rose, it's not that I hate her or dislike what happened to her. What I have a problem with is the fact that after she was raped she became almost like a doll for Dante to play with. I under stand completely that she would be in shock and suffer from PTSD. But, it's been more then nine months. the character of Rose is one that I like because when we first meet her she is week and willing to believe anything to get her boyfriend back. But, after Ed and Al leave she starts to walk on her own to feet realizing that god doesn't have all the answers. You have to put faith in your self and be able to live with your self if you're going to live in this world. She keeps faith, but she doesn't need god to solve all of her problems any more. After her rape all of this is gone she isn't even a person any more. 
I think the main problem I have with this anime is that is really doesn't develop it's characters. It tells its story but doesn't make the characters change to keep up with it. Instead the story pulls the characters along instead of the other way around. It is beautifully animated and has great scenes that I'm happy to have. I just wish that there were better characters to go with it. 
I will always love and enjoy FMA but there are better parts then others. This is good but there are others that are much better.
This gets a nice shiny gem rating.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment