Thursday, July 16, 2015

Found Anime- Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa


I found Fullmetal Alchemsit the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa the same place I found the rest of the FMA anime, Goodwill. You just never know what you'll find at a second hand shop. I highly recommend them for almost anything, well not undies don't get undies there. But, for movies, books, plates, electronics and clothes go to second hand shops. If you aren't sure about the clothes, wash them first. Then, wear them.
The movie came out in 2005 and fallows the ending of the original series. The film is two years after the end of the anime and is about Ed in our world. He is trying to return to his home world. Meanwhile, Al is trying to reunite with Ed, in there world, by any means necessary. Ed search attracts the Thule Society, who want to enter his home world, thinking it's Shamballa, to obtain new weapons for the Nazis in World War II.
This movie does a good job at wrapping up the lose ends that the show left us. I'm not a huge fan of every thing that happened in the show but again did a good job keeping with in the rules of the story. I did like that Ed landed in Nazi Germany. I'm a huge history buff. I think that's the main reason that I liked The Wind Rises, because it was a pretty historical work.
I also liked seeing all the old characters in a different setting. There is a reason alternate universes are so popular and fun. It gives the creature or a fan the opportunity to do something else with the characters. Even if they couldn't do it in the original version.
I like that in the end Ed and Al are back together, but I do wish they had gotten to be in their home world. Because, they really don't belong in the world they ended up in.
The story is decent I wouldn't say that it will win any awards, but it was a good complete story. You didn't feel like it was just lumped in there some were between episode such and such and episode this and that. It did it's purpose of finishing the story and filling in all the gaps. The lose ends were tied up and the brothers finally got to be with each other, kinda in their original bodies.
I promise that is the last Fullmetal Alchemist post for a while. Just be happy I didn't do each box set individually. I would have taken two extra weeks. Also, I highly recommend both of the anime to any one who likes action, adventure, and humor. If you want a sappy romance story find something else, but there is romance in FMA, it's just not the main focus of the story.
This gets a gem rating, just not a shiny one.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment