Thursday, July 23, 2015

Found Games-Kingdom Hearts



I found Kingdom Hearts at a friends house. Every year she makes omelets for friends and family on the first day of the year. A bunch of people come over we all bring food, she makes omelets and we all watch old Twilight Zones. It's a nice way to start the year. This year she and her girlfriend,  had some things that they were getting rid of. I grabbed a pretty note book, a Community Greendale bumper sticker, and Kingdom Hearts. Now, I have never played Kingdom Hearts. The reason is the game originally came out in 2002, I was in middle school and I never had a system. I played all my video games at friends houses and in arcades. Because of that I am quite good at Pac-man. I have played part of Kingdom Hearts but it was with the "help" of my fried, who kept jumping in to play the game when there was a "hard part so she should just do it". I never had a system till recently, mainly because I went strait from poor college student to poor adult. So, this is all from the prospective of an adult who has never played this game and is more familiar with old school games like, Castlvania (I'm talking original here) and new games such as Mirrors Edge and Tomb Raider. 
I have a feeling most people know Kingdom Hearts so I'm just going to jump into my review. First off I really like the concept of the game. I like the story and how much detail was put into it. I wasn't a huge fan of how disproportionate Sora's hands and feet were to rest of his body. But, it's an art style so I can live with it. And no point was I ever distracted by it while I was playing. 
What I was distracted by the most is the camera angles changing. Then you are fighting, about to jump or just suddenly while running. You have to quickly readjust the camera so you know where you are going. Also, Goofy and Donald get in the way more often then not. They are a big help in the fights but when you are walking around or trying to get some were they get in the way.
On example is when you're in Wonderland, your jumping on the mushrooms to get some where and there's Goofy right in your way.
When I first started the game I tried to do it all on my own. After an hour of looking around the stupid island for coconuts and an egg. After complaining for a bit, my boyfriend suggest looking at a walk trough. I really didn't want to at first,I wanted to find every thing by my self and be a big girl. finally after an other 30 minutes I went to a walk through. I have no regrets, even though it tells me what to do, I still have to find every thing and do the thing. And, I'm going to be fully honest here, I'm an adult. I don't have endless hours of free time. On top of running this blog and my Youtube channel I also have a job in the real world. So, I don't have the time to play for hours on end to wonder around a Kingdom Hearts game to find every thing or to figure out what to do. That can be the hard part. Again in Wonderland, the stupid claw marks took me six times to get it right. I realized that pushing Donald off was the faucet to be able to jump to the claw marks.
Every month I'll post up my progress on the game and let you know how I'm doing.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment