Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Heroic Legend of Arslan Episode 11 Review

The Road to Peshawar




I'll fully admit I'm stating to get mad at this show. I'm not seeing any character development and there are the same notes over and over. Arslan still has this idea that every one can be friends and that all life is worth saving. I agree with his ideas, but they are not realistic. No adult or fully matured person will know that personal beliefs will always get in the way of peace. All most every one is not willing to look past their own beliefs, it's sad but true. There was some character development with Gieve though. Like Arslan said "you love money" and he gave it all up to same Elam and Arslan. There may be hope for him, yet. 
I still think that the best part of this show is when Gieve is trying to woo Farangis and she is just having none of it. She doesn't just ignore him she being him down at soon as he says something ridiculous. I do keep hoping that they will end up together, Farangis would keep Gieve in place and Gieve would make her life more interesting. Also, Farangis is awesome. The soldiers say "target the woman", thinking she'll be an easy target and she just shoots them almost saying don't underestimate me. Then after getting thrown off her horse she shoots his horse. I just wish she would wear more clothing.
I understand Hermes being upset. His own uncle tried to kill him and succedded with his father. Of course you wouldn't become king when every one thought you were dead. Also, I really don't think he has though his plan all the way through. He believes that once Arslan is dead he will become king. He really hasn't though about the Lusitanians that he is working with. I really don't think that they will just step aside once Arslan is dead. So, he needs to kill Arslan then take on the Lusitanians. He still has a long way to go. 
Then there are the Lusitanians the royalty  really doesn't care about their religion, they are believers but not really devote believers. The crazy priest is to predicable. He thinks every one should believe as he does and if not they should be killed. Anything that he thinks must be the will of God because he thought of it and God speaks to him. I just have to roll my eyes at that, but this show is set in the dark ages. They may not have been dark for the middle east, were the setting of this show is based on, but the invaders are defiantly form the European dark ages and religion was crazy back then. If you though it was crazy now look at religion back then.
I'm going to continue to watch the show but I just hope that the characters develop more in with in the next few episodes.
~^.^





No comments:

Post a Comment