Thursday, June 25, 2015

Official #MyCrunchyroll Contest Submission / Anime Girl has a YouTube now?!

First things first, yes Anime Girl is now on Youtube. There will be a new video every week were I talk about anime, manga, and other things happening in the community or with the industry. I will not be doing reviews, because I already do them on my blog. If there is a curtain thing that happens in an anime or manga that I want to talk about more then I may bring it over to video. But, only time will tell.
My first video is actually a video contest submission for Cruchyroll. That is were I watch most of my anime. And I really like it. I explain why in the video. Video after the break.









My answer to "What does Crunchyroll mean to you?" To me Cruchyroll is a place I can go and enjoy anime with like minded people. I don't feel weird or as if I should be embarrassed about loving anime and manga. Since I come from the pre internet days of anime I'm extremely happy that it is so easy to watch current anime. I remember the long searches to find good copies of anime that was subbed. I also remember the days of VHSs and we didn't get to choice what anime we watched on tv. Those were dark time.
Since I am an older anime fan people have looked down on me for still watching cartoons. Or they judge me because I haven't grown up to "adult comics" or Americana comics. A lot of people just don't understand Japanese or Asian culture, and that makes it so they don't understand anime. I've always enjoyed different cultures and langues and histories. Watching anime is a look into Japanese culture, I'm not saying that it is exactly how the culture is or all of the culture. It's like if you took American tv shows and cartoon and said this is how america is. That not true, it's a look at our culture but not a copy of it. That is how anime is, it's just a look at the culture it's not how every thing is.
Just having a place that is very much community driven, and every one has a voice is wonderful. I don't have to worry about my love of anime and manga. I can just share it.
If you are of the generation who doesn't know a time before the internet. Enjoy this, you not alone. Become a part of the community and talk about what you love. You are very lucky and it's alright if you don't realize it.
The Cruchyroll contest is going on till the June 30th, 2015. You can find all the contest rules and details here. And check out the site. I recommend it. You can watch so much anime with out a subscription and more with one.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment