Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Look at Manga


Every week I will read a completed manga series. The reason that I'm going to do completed series is so that I can do a full complete review. instead of just reviewing the series so far. Eventually, I will be going manga chapter reviews, but one thing at a time. For now I will read completed manga.

I am not just going to focus on those that have been released in the United States either. If the series has been completed in Japan or has been released in an other country but not in the US it is not off the table. I am not above reading things that most Us residents have not read or seen. But, the anime and manga industry in becoming more and more popular in the states. The anime industry is taking off more then the manga which I can understand. But, I wish that would change. Comics are widely popular in the US. The reason most people read the book of comic in the US is because of the movie. I an completely ok with that since people are finding things in there own.
That is not the case for anime and manga. Many people in the community only watch anime or more often then not watch the anime over reading the manga. I have found that the manga is normally better then the manga. Also, I have found that some people don't even know that the anime is based on a manga. They think that is how the story ends. In the case of Ouran High Host Club, the anime is 26 epidoses long were as the manga is 87 chapters. The creators wrapped up the anime, but it really doesn't fall that manga at all. The same thing goes for Fullmetal Alchemist, that first anime was 51 episodes, the second anime, brotherhood was 65. The manga in this case was 108. The anime either changed the story to end the anime or sped through the story to finish it in the allotted time.
Moral of the story do not judge a manga by it's anime. That never ends well.
The first manga that I will be doing is Ouran High Host Club. Like I mentioned earlier it is 87 chapters. It is about a host club at a very very very rich private school in japan and how their adventures. If you would like to read along I encourage you to do so. Every week I will let you know what will be coming for the next week so join me in reading. And I look forward to entertaining you.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment