Sunday, June 7, 2015

Found Anime and Manga



I often find my self at Goodwill, the library,and comic swaps. And when I find my self in such places, I always look for manga or anime. You never know what you will find at Goodwill or Salvation Army. The stock changes daily. Also, almost all books are priced the same no matter what they are. I have never seen a book for more then $3 at a second shop like Goodwill or Salvation Army. Libraries often have small book sales going on ever day and have bigger book sales periodically. Since anime and manga are  more of a niche item libraries don't always keep the ones that have been donated. Also, the library is a great place to check out manga. It's a free way to read many many series and many of them are starting or already have magazine subscriptions to anime, manga and gaming magazines. When the magazines become old they normally sell them a hugely discounted price. I once got a huge box of National Geographic for about $10. Comic and book swaps often happen in big cities all the time. You do normally have to belong to a group to know about them, but I did a search on Meet Up for comic book groups and found 23 different ones. That was just using comic book. Manga, I found 10. Anime, I found 18. Gaming, I found over 90. So, I'm sure you can find some sort of group to meet people and swap comics.
Every Sunday I'll do an article about different anime or manga that I have found. I'll give a brief back story of how I found such a thing. A brief summary of the item and my thoughts. I have found some very nice gems at second hand shops. I have also found things  that were a waste of the trees they were made out off or plastic (what ever DVDs are made out of) So I'll give it a rating on the scale of Sparkly gem to waste of a tree. I look forward to sharing my finds with you.
~^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment